Make Kiowa Count in the 2020 Census
Posted on Monday December 02, 2019
In 2020, the Census Bureau will implement new technology to make it easier than ever to respond to the census. For the first time, you will be able to respond online, by phone, as well as by mail.
Why is the City supporting the 2020 Census?
Every ten years the Census Bureau counts the entire population of the country and at the location where each person usually lives. The census also collects demographic information such as group living situations, sex, age and race of each person. Demo City has a vested interest in achieving an accurate and complete census because the results:
- Determine how many seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives
- Affect the distribution of over $675 billion in federal and state funding each year
- Are used to draw political districts
- Inform city master planning, public safety, emergency preparedness and other city projects.
- Residents use the census to support community initiatives
Look for updates on this site and our other communications channels for ways to get involved.